A fence is a good addition to have in any home. It helps determine the boundary between your property and your neighbor’s and if you pick the right one, it can also enhance your home’s overall aesthetic appeal and value. However, when you install your fence, keep in mind that you’ll also need to maintain it every now and then to prevent it from sustaining damage and to help it maintain its appeal.
In this post, fence maintenance and emergency roof services provider Carolina Home Specialists list the five ways you can maintain your fence this spring season.
- Remove Rust – If you have an iron fence, it’s highly recommended that you remove the rust that’s beginning to affect it. If the rust isn’t that bad, you can use a steel wool scrubbing pad or sandpaper to remove them. However, if the rust is extensive, consider enlisting the aid of a professional to remove it from your fence.
- Apply Wax Coating – Iron fences are constantly at the mercy of humidity, rain, and the elements and as such, it can eventually cause your fence to rust. Luckily, it is possible to protect your fence; simply apply a coat of wax to act as a protective barrier for your fence against the elements.
- Clean the Fence – On the other hand, if you have a normal vinyl fence, it’s highly recommended that you give it a good cleaning every now and then to maintain its appeal. To do so, create a mixture of mild soap detergent and warm water and use it to clean up the soiled spots of your fence. Afterwards, rinse the fence down with clean water and your fence should look good as new.
- Repair Any Damaged Spots – After cleaning the fence, you should begin to notice any form of damage it sustained. Now that the agreeable weather of spring has arrived, it’s the best time of the year to have the damaged repaired. However, as much as possible, avoid repairing the fence on your own and consider enlisting the services of professionals, like fence and roof repair expert Carolina Home Specialists, instead.
- Paint the Fence – Now that you’ve cleaned your fence and repaired it, the next step you can take in caring for your fence this spring season is to paint it. By doing so, your fence will look cleaner and you’ll be able to improve its overall aesthetic appeal while protecting it from any potential damage at the same time.
Need a fencing and roofing professional who offers a reasonable roof estimate? Don’t hesitate to turn to Carolina Home Specialists. When it comes to fence and roof replacement projects, we are your leading service provider and we won’t let you down! Give us a call at (336) 740-9915 or fill out our contact form to get a free quote.