Rubber Roofing Near Greensboro, NC
Work With the Rubber Roofing Contractor the Triad Trusts!
Though rubber roofs are most commonly found on commercial and industrial buildings, homes with a flat roof or low-slope roof can also be good candidates for a rubber roof. Cost-effective and waterproof, rubber roofing is easy to install and attractive to boot. Best of all, rubber roofing can deflect the sun’s heat, meaning you’ll spend less money on your cooling bills.
At Carolina Home Specialists, our roofing contractors having been working with this versatile material for years. If you’re interested in a rubber roof, call us today.
What Is Rubber Roofing?
That’s a good question. Rubber roofing is technically known as ethylene propylene diene monomer (EPDM for short). It is a single-ply roofing membrane that is typically between 30 and 100 millimeters thick. There are three standard procedures for EPDM membrane roof installation:
- Loose-laid membrane
To hold the materials in place, rock or concrete is applied during an EPDM membrane roof installation. The team at Carolina Home Specialists possesses the equipment and skills necessary for this procedure and will answer any questions you might have about it.
Benefits of Rubber Roofing
- Long-lasting – Rubber roofs boast a lifespan of approximately 25 years.
- Attractive – Clean and simple, rubber roofing complements many structures.
- Easy to install – Your EPDM roof can likely be installed in one day.
- Easy to maintain – Regular washing is all it takes.
- Easy to repair – Most repairs simply require a quick roof coating.
- Affordable – Expect to pay about $5 a square foot for your EPDM roof.