Decks are beautiful additions to the exterior lot. Not only can they extend the area of your living space, they also boost the curb appeal and increase the resale value of your property in the future. A lot of homeowners think that decks are only good for gatherings and celebrations. However, a deck in your backyard can provide you with peace and privacy if you want it to.
Carolina Home Specialists, a reliable source of emergency roof services, shares some creative and smart ways to add privacy to your deck space:
- Repurposed Shutters: Pick up your old window shutters and zip-tie them to an existing wire fence at the back of your deck. This unconventional fence is a fresh, budget-friendly idea that you can remove or rearrange at any time, giving you endless options when designing your exterior.
- Shutter Screen: A shutter screen is a good alternative to shutters. You can repurpose old shutters into folding partitions or wall dividers for your outdoor space. They are commonly attached together using hinges.
- Chevron Privacy Wall: Build a stylish chevron wall in your outdoors to spruce up your exterior home while adding privacy to your freestanding deck. Call for a deck and roof repair specialist to build and paint these walls for a better, long-lasting outcome.
- Privacy Plants: Tall and fast-growing privacy plants are a nature-friendly and visually appealing solution for over-exposed decks. Some trees, such as Emerald Green Thuja, can grow up to five feet per year.
- Faux Hedges: If you want privacy plants but don’t like the maintenance that comes with them, then faux boxwood hedges are for you. Be sure to completely line your patio to provide privacy and showcase a green, eco-friendly space.
Thinking about giving your exterior home a needed boost? Turn to Carolina Home Specialists for a smooth and stress-free experience! We offer premium home improvement services — from roof replacement to window, siding, and deck installation. Call us at (336) 740-9915 to start a conversation with one of our specialists or fill out our online form for a roof estimate.