During a hail storm, your car isn’t the only valuable asset you have at risk.
Damage caused by hail totals around $1billion a year.
Often, roof hail damage is random with no discernible pattern damage to asphalt and composition shingles or hail damage to wood shingles looks very different.
Here are easy identifiers when looking for hail damage to your roof:
- Asphalt and Composition Shingle Damage
- No discernable pattern is visible.
- Small divots that are black and soft to the touch.
- Loss of granules that expose the roof’s felt.
- Areas of the roof that appear shiny.
- Wood Shingle Hail Damage
- Random damage with no visible pattern.
- Brown/Orange split in the shingle.
- Shingles with sharp edges.
- Circular impact marks along the splits in shingles.
It can be easy to see other roof issues and believe they are hail damage. Exposure to different inclement weather and continuous sunlight makes shingles brittle over time. And, natural wear and tear such as blistering, cracking, algae, and granule loss can appear as shingles age.
If you believe your home has hail damage, call Carolina Home Specialists for a free roof inspection.
And, our team will take care of meeting your insurance adjuster and helping you file your claim.